Family Law Solutions Australia was established by Christopher McDevitt who has practised in Family Law for over 35 years.
Chris became an Accredited Specialist in Family Law in 1994 and was the Family Law Partner as well as the Managing Partner in a large regional Law Firm before establishing Family Law Solutions in 2001. At that time Family Law Solutions was one of the first boutique Family Law firms in New South Wales.
Chris has extensive experience in all types of Australian Family Law, from contested parenting and property cases in the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court to the conduct of Appeals to the Full Court of the Family Court. He has represented a diverse range of clients from assisting parents to resolve parenting arrangements for children to representing high net worth individuals in complex property matters. He has been ranked as a Leading Family Lawyer in the Northern Rivers and North Coast Region of New South Wales ( see Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Market).
In addition to Family Law he is very experienced in representing clients in Will disputes and Estate claims in the Supreme Court.
Chris recognises that many disputes can be resolved by mediation rather than litigation and he has represented hundreds of clients at mediations for Family Law property disputes and Will and Estate disputes. Chris is also a Nationally Accredited Mediator.
- Bachelor of Laws (ANU)
- Bachelor of Arts (ANU)
- Graduate Diploma in Taxation Law
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law (1994)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (QUT/AIFLAM )
Memberships and Professional affiliations:
- Law Society of NSW
- Law Council of Australia Family Law Section
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- Family Law Practitioners Association (Queensland)
- Far North Coast Family Law Practitioners Association