Family Law Solutions Australia was established by Christopher McDevitt who has practised in Family Law for over 35 years.
Chris became an Accredited Specialist in Family Law in 1994 and was the Family Law Partner as well as the Managing Partner in a large regional law firm before establishing Family Law Solutions in 2001. At that time Family Law Solutions was one of the first boutique Family Law firms in New South Wales.
Chris has extensive experience in all types of Australian Family Law, from contested parenting and property cases in the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court to the conduct of Appeals to the Full Court of the Family Court. He has represented a diverse range of clients from assisting sole parents to resolving parenting arrangements for children to representing high net worth individuals in complex property matters. In addition to Family Law he also has extensive experience in Will disputes and Estate claims and he has represented many clients in these proceedings which are conducted in the Supreme Court.
Although an experienced litigator Chris will work tirelessly to assist clients to resolve disputes by negotiation and mediation without recourse to expensive court proceedings wherever possible.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Taxation Law
- Mediation Certificate (Bond University)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law
Memberships and Professional Affiliations:
- Law Society of NSW
- Law Council of Australia Family Law Section
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- Far North Coast Family Law Practitioners Association
- Family Law Practitioners Association (Queensland)
- International Society Service (ISS) Australia